Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Micah is my nomination

    I just read a blog post by my friend Micah Fedenko, and I wanted to nominate her blog. Throughout she has shown to have mastered lengthy responses, going deep into a books main ideas and themes, making posts informative and interesting, and just her simply expressing her intelligence. I would like to however talk about a post entitled 1984 in which she spoke mainly about our memories and how much we could rely on them if that was all we had to hold onto someone by.
     In the post, she brought up a very interesting fact. In the book, people simply rely on what the government says about anything and everything. I haven't personally read the book, but I have heard much about it and her blog post definitely helped me learn a bit more about it. She brought up the brilliant question of "
If all we had to rely for  truthfulness was our mind, how could we be sure our memory was correct? Normally?"
    In response to her post though, This actually really interests me. I'd like to say that there are some memories of mine that just make them unforgettable, you know? Like, certain things that have happened to me, good or bad, that nothing could make me forget. Things like my family, etc. I'd like to think that there is something that makes me stronger or any better than most people that would cause me to not react to how they would. That would make me stand up for what I believe in despite the fact that I risk losing my life. Realistically speaking though, I doubt there is. Even the strongest of people can break.
       Moving on, Micah is also very brilliant when it comes to leaving just the perfect amount of retell to make something understandable. It is really hard to follow along with a blogpost when you can't follow what is going on. I never feel like I am starting in the middle of a book with her blog posts, and that is really important.
        All together, Micah is a very skilled writer. She is intelligent, and she is constantly surprising me with her intriguing ideas. I can tell she puts a lot of thought and hard work into her blogs.

1 comment: